I created the Provision skincare line after searching, without success, for products that felt luxurious, smelled the way my professionally trained nose thought they should, and worked without the need for multiple products or steps to accomplish one goal.
For example, I wanted to be able to clean, tone, and moisturize my face with one good skincare product. And it had to smell just right for my face.
The first thing I knew I needed was a high-quality skin oil. I wanted an oil that would penetrate the skin’s many layers to nourish, lock in moisture, and protect. But I have a background in chemistry, and I know that no one oil can do all of that. I would need at least three different oils. As I dug into my research and experimentation, I found—or rather I formulated—the solution: our proprietary formula, Triple-A Complex.
Three Amazing Oils = Triple A Complex
Because oils penetrate the skin to different degrees, I selected three oils that, in just the right proportions, complement each other. A carefully formulated blend of amla oil, avocado oil, and sweet almond oil, our nutrient-rich Triple-A Complex combines these three oils in the perfect proportions. The resulting oil blend yields toned, silky, moisturized skin that feels fresh and clean.
There are a dozen or so natural oils that potentially could have worked. I chose each of these three after rigorous research, testing, and experimentation. Here’s what makes each one special:
At the top of my list of must-have ingredients is amla oil.
When I set out to find the perfect ingredients for my skincare products, amla oil landed at the top of the list. Extracted from the Indian gooseberry (aka the “wonder berry”), amla oil is packed with tannins, antioxidants such as flavonoids and polyphenols, and 20X more Vitamin C than oranges. These unique constituents allow amla to brighten, exfoliate, and tighten the skin, leaving it with that sought-after “just washed” feeling.
The majority of amla oil’s skin benefits come from its high antioxidant content.
Amla oil benefits for skin:
- Fights free radical damage and aids in collagen production, reducing wrinkles and fine lines and fading hyperpigmentation
- Helps the skin stay hydrated
- Tannins cleanse, tone and exfoliate
My experiments revealed an impressive, immediate effect – smoother, brighter, firmer, toned skin. It was a definite keeper.
With the growing popularity of avocados, we all know it ranks high as a healthful food choice. Avocado oil is also a wonderful, nourishing choice for the skin. Rich in vitamins A, D, and E, potassium, beta carotene, lutein, protein, and fatty acids (to name a few), it’s no wonder avocado oil is such a superb oil for skin.
Avocado oil benefits for skin:
- Antioxidants and vitamins help with dry, irritated, chapped, rough, flaky skin
- Aids in maintaining skin hydration
- Essential fatty acids help maintain skin’s elasticity
Avocado oil promotes soft, supple skin and is an ideal complement to amla oil making it the perfect fit for Triple-A complex.
Sweet Almond Oil
Sweet Almond oil is rich in vitamins E and A as well as fatty acids and protein. When used on the skin, vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant, fights free radicals protecting the skin’s natural collagen layer. Vitamin A, which contains retinol, can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines.
Almond oil also contains stearic acid which is an emollient and cleanser. An emollient remains in the outer layer of the skin forming a moisture-protective barrier, smoothing the skin, and filling in small gaps, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
Almond oil improves skin tone and complexion while locking in moisture.
Almond oil benefits for skin:
- Emollient properties soften and smooth
- Fatty acids help skin retain moisture
- Vitamin E has protective properties
Products Containing Triple-A Complex
Manifest is a luxurious, sensual body oil that locks in moisture. Its subtle fragrance is designed to complement other scent profiles. I use it in three ways:
- As a weekly intensive treatment (my favorite way to use Manifest):
- Start by dry brushing or using a loofah on dry skin.
- Apply a liberal amount of Manifest (25-30 pumps for the whole body) and let it soak in for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Bathe, but don’t use soap where you’ve applied the oil.
- Enjoy the feeling of soft, supple skin!
- Manifest is also uniquely formulated to co-mingle with water to lock in moisture after bathing. After a shower or bath apply Manifest sparingly to damp skin and then towel dry.
- Apply directly to dry skin as needed. Manifest is formulated to absorb into the skin moisturizing without feeling oily.
Gently scented with sustainably produced Indian Sandalwood, Align Ultimate Face Oil is one of the most sought-after products in our lineup. I recommend using it one of two ways:
- As a daily cleanser apply Align to dry skin and wipe away makeup and excess oil with a damp cloth
- To get the most out of Align, use it as a skin treatment once or twice a week.
- Massage one or two pumps onto the face, avoiding the eye area.
- Allow to soak in and work while you relax for 15 minutes.
- Wipe off with a warm, damp cloth.
- Enjoy a clean, supple face!